I have always been a product junkie, and each new season brings another excuse to purchase and try new products. Now that we are about halfway through summer, I figured I would share some products, old and new, that I have been using to beat the summer heat.
- Dr. Jart BB Cream – Somewhere along the way I received a sample of this and fell in love. I knew I wanted to be sure my foundation had an SPF for summer and this BB cream just fell into my hands at the perfect time. It is perfect for everyday wear; lightweight, easy to apply, SPF 45 and stays all day.
- Diorshow Waterproof Mascara – I have used this mascara for years and probably always will. Since I wear contacts I have always struggled with watery eyes and summer always increases the potential of smudged mascara. This stuff can definitely withstand the rubbing and tears throughout the day.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow – What I like most about this lip product is that it has SPF but still gives a little color to the lip. It can be difficult to find a product that protects and has a nice subtle color.
- Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion – I used this for the first time when I was at the beach and I was shocked by its staying power. I was at the beach for two hours and when I got back to shower, I had a little trouble getting it off. I am not complaining though, I like my sun protection to be durable. I would definitely recommend it for a day that you might be at the pool or outdoors exercising. It will last for its claimed 80 minutes and is super lightweight, you wont even know its on.
- Boscia Blotting Papers – I don’t think these need too much of an introduction. I will never forget the first time I used blotting papers, I had no idea a face could be so oily and was embarrassed it was just sitting on my face (thanks middle school). I use these year round, but definitely go through more in the summer. Dewy finish = trendy, shiny face = not.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo – While this stuff is fantastic for second day hair, in the summer it is more of a midday pick me up for me. My hair usually falls flat halfway through the day with the humidity (if you have fine hair like me you know the struggle). I use this on just washed hair as well as a boost for my hair and to hopefully prevent oiliness throughout the day.
- Ouai Wave Spray – I don’t even know where to start with this product. I had no idea what I was missing until we met. It defines my natural curls and holds my beachy waves made by my curling iron without leaving a residue. I have been waiting for this since 2006.
- Replica Beach Walk – Every time I put this on I am shocked at how much it smells like the beach. I really just like to wear it to pretend that I am by the ocean relaxing. It’s like my beach in a bottle.
So these aren’t really “beauty products” per say, but I think are just as important and I had to talk about them as well. A hat and sunglasses do wonders to prevent sun exposure. I love the look of summer freckles, but sun damage I am not a fan of. If I know I will be in the sun for any amount of time I am sure to grab my sunglasses so my face can relax – aka no wrinkles. If I do not want to potentially mess up my hair from a hat (usually I need a hat anyway to cover my 3 day old hair) I am sure that I have an SPF on my face.
What are some of your summer beauty essentials?